Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Weather

I have forgotten to include the temperature information the last couple Mondays, so I thought I would include it now since I don't have much to say beside the boring car stuff.

78.8 Max temp
64.4 Min temp
92 Max humidity
56 Min humidity

Boring car stuff...

I spent most of the day welding the new cage and am about 30-40% finished with it. Kyrk and Gerbin helped to start it and design it on Saturday and today I was working on my own. I spent enough time in the sun today that I think that I may have gotten a little sunburned for the first time. I managed to burn or cut a whole in my Mechanix gloves too (the ones that I wasn't using for oil).

I fixed a guys car in the morning. It wouldn't start. I checked for spark and fuel and had both. I started digging further in the fuel and the Suzuki Sidekick had one fuel injector injecting fuel in the the airstream, but the fuel was barely dripping out - not even spraying. So I took it out and felt pretty sure that it was the problem. I thank God for giving me the ability to think about it and follow through the right path the first time to determine the problem, because he went and got a new (used) injector (I had to solder the connections on it) and it worked great. The idle was really high, so I fixed that too. The water pump seemed to be leaking a little against the block so I told him to keep an eye on the level and that it may get worse. He was so happy that he hugged me twice!

No comments: