Friday, September 5, 2008

Lots of Rain - The Last Two Week's Total

Kyrk told me that since August 25th, we have had 19 inches of rain - almost 20. Yesterday was nice and sunny the whole day - a welcomed break. Ike looks to be heading more north of us which is a very good thing!

Yesterday was a decent day - I wasn't in that great of mood in spite of the clearest air and view we have ever seen here. It was because I had to work on some things that I wasn't looking forward to working on and I my body is still sore from sawing logs (not sleeping) and from still getting used to the manual labor instead of sitting at a desk all day (I am loving the manual labor!). It was so clear out yesterday that we could see an area by the camp we went to at the end of July 3 hours away. It's the white area in the picture and hard to see too (it was easier in person).


We ran out of LP today and Carter and Lou were helping me to light the pilot light for the stove.


Boring car stuff...

There is a tire changer here and I learned how to use it by trial and error yesterday on a damaged four-wheeler wheel. I am working on taking the good tires off the bad rims and putting them on the good rims. I got as far as taking the good tires off (one of the fronts needs to be patched on the sidewall) before I had to start working on other things. The four wheeler had chucks of metal in the oil, so I am thinking that I'll be rebuilding that very soon. I hope to have good engine parts in the one that went down the mountain. I know the motor mounts to the frame are broke.

Gerbin, the guy who is from Europe, is leaving in a week and is coming back with a team in October (he is part of World Servants). The team is working on building things for the Baptist Haiti Mission up north. He offered at one point to get some items for the four-wheeler and bring them back. I'll have to start a list and see what he can get for me.

No comments: