Monday, September 1, 2008

4-Wheelin

Lou is getting big and strong and is doing well. Kayla is doing great in school and today Carter did awesome. I made a deal with him that if he wanted to stay overnight last Friday that he would work hard and try all week. I think he is holding up his end of the bargain - I hope it continues all week!

Tina is doing great as well. There was a couple days where we were struggling as a family, but that has recently passed and all is well again. We appreciate your prayers!

I have been slacking on pictures lately and will try to pick that back up.

Boring car stuff...

I got the four wheeler running!! Once I knew the engine was good, I planned to start working on the rest of it. There were some metal shavings in the oil when I drained it and the oil looked like mud. So I changed the oil and ran it around a little. The brakes don't work much at all so I didn't go far. The next thing will be the fix the brakes.

The one that went down the mountain has enough good parts to have a decent one working. The brakes look like they'll be good to use and the oil filter from it looks brand new. I'll let the new oil slosh around there and the old filter pick up the junk, then I'll change the oil again and the filter. The only problem is that I had to bypass the key (because someone took it recently from a locked location), I am bypassing the starter relay, and I am using a car battery to start and run it.

The other BIG problem is that it does not belong to the Mission. It is a USAID vehicle. I plan to have someone (probably Kyrk) ask the USAID people if they want the vehicles back (all of them 4 cycles and 2 four wheelers). If they do, then I'll tell them what they need to do to get them working and if the do not, then we'll buy some parts. I hope to be able to keep it, but I am thinking that we won't be able to. :-( Big frown. If I didn't fix it, they wouldn't have ever come back for it - does that sound like a good excuse? If you can think of other good ones, let me know...

No comments: