Friday, September 12, 2008

Icky

Today, for me, was just an icky day. I got my first pair (in Haiti) of Mechanix gloves delivered to me in the mail on Wednesday and Thursday was my first day using them. It was awesome to have them, they saved my knucles and hands. Then, Thursday as I was running home because it was raining, they fell out of my pocket. I know when I had them last and I know where there were lost. Someone took them and is not returning them. I was told by a couple kids that they knew who took them, but I don't know who to trust and I don't want to go pointing fingers. So...that's how the day started.

Things were just icky all day - things not going well. Doing lots of heavy lifting and... just things... I need to wake up another day. I should spend the rest of my night with my nose in the Bible.

Boring car stuff...


The four-wheeler was running kinda hot again, so I swapped out the thermostat. That didn't make a noticable difference (but the one I put it was very new looking). I got the back foot brake adjusted better, so now I can kind of lock the back brakes (almost). I also replaced the front right upper A-arm with a good one from the other four-wheeler. It looked brand new, too. Little by little that thing is looking pretty good.

I also replaced the swaybar mount on the caged Landcruiser thinking that would solve the rattling problem but it didn't. My next project on that truck is to rebuild the driver's side front shock mount - it was broken completely off and is missing. So, I'll get to practice my fabricating and welding skills.

No comments: