Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Packing Food

All day, there was a group of people working to pack food for the people affected by the flooding. We got the cooking oil, sugar, fish, etc... today as well and that was packed too.


Boring car stuff...

There are a couple guys coming tomorrow from Samaritan's Purse. They'll be taking the short box Toyota Landcruiser 70 Series (check out the real/functional snorkle for going in water over the hood and up to the windows), so for the last two days (in between working on other things and vehicles) I was making the holder for the 5-gallon gas can. I got it done, test fitted, and painted with orange, lead-based, anti-corrosion paint today. I'll be painting it black tomorrow. There are a few adjustments that I would like to make to the holder, but it's fine to go tomorrow. I'll make the adjustments another time. I should start making and selling them on eBay to get funds! (I grew an extra arm this afternoon... it must be the lead-based paint. I hope it comes in "handy" sometime!)



No comments: