Saturday, September 6, 2008

Stuggling Haitians

The news regarding the flooding in Haiti is getting out. Some of the things that aren't mentioned include things like:

whole towns have lost their crops (rice, bananas, etc...)
clean water lines have been broke and there are no cisterns in some of those same areas
large quantities of people are affected when a road (which typically isn't that good to begin with) is destroyed

I just can't imagine not having food or water for days. I can't imagine having to fight to feed my children and myself so I could take care of my family. I can't imagine not being able to get a job to get money to buy food because there are no jobs to get. Talk about creativity - your life depends on you finding a way to get money for food and water or to find a way to get food and water. Try doing this without stealing. Try doing this without getting frustrated. Try doing this with little to no sleep because your one room mud house has been destroyed. (I am not justifying stealing or acting in frustration - I am just recognizing the struggle.)

No comments: