Tuesday, September 2, 2008

More Trees Down

The wind is the worst that I have ever seen. There are trees down all over the place. It's hard to believe that the storm is worse north of here. This seems bad enough (little do I know...I am sure that I haven't seen anything yet). This was the first tree down today on Mission property:


This large branch fell on the power lines and so we shut off the generator and cut it down. There was a guy on the ladder when a huge gust of wind came - he manged to hang on and it was incredible!


It was especially windy on the roof. Kyrk and I went on the roof to cut down a broken and banging piece of gutter. It was three stories down to the pavement. Look at the palm tree in this picture - it had a number of broken branches.



I am sure that it is not over - the wind is still very strong.

No comments: