Sunday, September 21, 2008

Bird, Tree, Generator

I looked outside and saw a large bird land on a tree. Just as it landed, it took off again and came right back up with a mouse/rat. I grabbed the binoculars and watched him swallow it whole, head first. Then it sat there so long that I thought I should take a picture. I ended up using the binoculars to take a few pictures. Here are the best:



A large tree that was taken down by the hurricane was cut by the workers here. The tree was not on the Mission grounds. The guys cut it up and brought some of it here for eventual distribution to our schools and churches. We have two large chainsaws and this tree fell on one of the two large ones (leaving us with one good one and one parts chainsaw now). Here is Lou next to the pieces - I estimated about 50-60 rings:


This week, generator number 2 turned over 10,000 hours (we should have had a party). If it were a car going an average of 30 MPH, it would have 300,000 miles on it. Generator number 1 has about 9,500 hours.


We should have had a party because the next day it complained by leaking near the oil filter:


We have some gasket material, so I will have to make a new gasket, coat it with high-temp RTV, and see if that works.

No comments: