Monday, September 15, 2008

More Food Organizing

This morning I worked on Antoinne's radio. I had it since Friday, but was too busy to work on it because of the food. His radio stopped working and he wanted me to take a look at it. It had a bunch of bugs inside of it and I don't know how they got in because they were larger than any hole I saw. There were at least six. Here is one hiding under the speaker:


After I fixed the radio, we loaded up two trucks with the 40 pound sacks. I personally packed both trucks (and drove the big stakebed) around the loading docks). We put 170 sacks in the Canter and 190 in the stakebed for a total of 14,400 pounds. That's the food that I lifted this morning (not all at the same time, of course). The Lord has been good to me - I have not been sore in the morning after sleeping at night. This is a wonderful grace!

In the second part of the morning, we hauled wood using the four-wheeler from one area to another area down a hill. That four-wheeler made easy work of moving the wood. There was still a lot of lifting being done to get it into the trailer and in out of the trailer. I helped another person fix their camera flash by soldering a few wires - there are always little things like this waiting for me every time I go back to the shop.

Then around 1 PM we started putting sacks together. We did this all afternoon and we are all tired (finished almost 300 sacks)! I was lifting lots of heavy sacks full of food in smaller sacks (heavier than the 40 pounders) and dumping out the black bags of food. I put labels on the pictures so you can see. There was also noodles, oil, and salt. Tomorrow we will be loading the sacks we put together today onto the trucks again to be sent out. Some of the sacks are going by boat and some by plane. We tried to fit the family packs into 5-gallon buckets but we couldn't get it to fit. It was two inches too tall and we couldn't get the covers on. They'll have to go separately.

No comments: