Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Important Visitor, Gerbin, Protection

We have someone visiting the mission tomorrow. I was told that it is the first African American pilot. Now, as classifications go, there are a lot of African American pilot firsts: first male (deceased), first female (deceased), first spacecraft pilot, first commercial airline pilot, etc... I think that it's the latter that is correct, but I won't find out until tomorrow. I did a little research and that's how I think I know. More details tomorrow.

Gerbin

Also important, but less well known, Gerbin is here from the Netherlands where he farms sheep. He was here last year a couple times to help out, too. One visit last year he was helping us cut trees along the roads (he's wearing my pants in that picture) because of the hurricane winds. This time he is here helping with computers again - to get the network set up and all the computers up to par.

Gerbin is one mean "Settlers of Catan" player - he turns into all business when the dice start to roll. When he is winning he says a bunch of stuff in Dutch that makes me think that he is mocking me. Until I completely learn Creole and start learning Dutch I won't know what he is saying. Last year, Gerbin blessed me with two pairs of his pants and his boots (which I still wear). Thank you again, Gerbin!


Protection

Do you think these goggles offer enough protection for Kayla and Carter? Always wear eye protection - that's what I have always said...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you think of it, tell Gerbin Kelli's Aunt Ruth says, 'Hi!'. Glad he was able to come help out again!

Ken Schlorf said...

Will do, Ruth!