Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Birthday, Cell Phone, BCS

I think that we managed to make Kayla's Birthday on Monday special. Every meal we ate was her choice. We gave her birthday gifts during breakfast and did our best to make the day special.


Cell Phone

Mr. Chris and I were talking about how very little water we have left. The rainy season is about to start and we could really use the water in the cistern that feeds our building.

We went up to check it out and Mr. Chris leaned over and out came his cell phone - dropping into the 2 feet of water left in the cistern. He called for his son, he tied a rope, and lowered him in. He got the phone and it was still on. He shut it off and dried it really well. It is still working today (Yeah!).


Boring Car Stuff...

We have a motorcycle for a pastor here (actually we have quite a few) and the keys got lost/misplaced/whatever. So we had the local dealer make new keys. It turns out that they couldn't, so they ordered a new ignition, new helmet lock, and a new gas cap.

It was the gas cap that proved to be a problem because you have to have the key to take the gas cap off. We talked about it and decided to try drilling first, try prying it apart second, and then replace the gas tank third. I drilled and nothing good happened. I took my air powered cut-off wheel and started carefully hacking at the gas cap. I also used a screw driver to break the metal away (it was surprisingly weak metal - but it doesn't have to strong because it's just a gas cap).

I ended up breaking enough pieces off and prying in the right spots that the cap ended up breaking the mechanism and it came right out. I was a little concerned about the sparks because even though I emptied the gas tank, it wasn't completely empty. I ended up only making a small quarter inch mark in the gas tank in the process of removing the cap - not bad. God is good!

No comments: