Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Lou, BCS (Airport)

Lou's food issues seem to be completely resolved. We still have to watch him CLOSELY to make sure that he chews and not just swallows - he takes every opportunity to shovel a mouth full in - and down - if we don't pay attention to each bite. The "bedtime urp" was a one time deal (thank you Jesus!). He continues to have accidents in his pants if we don't ask him if he has to go potty. He is smart enough, just too smart - he holds it until the last minute and than can't make it in time.

I hope I don't eat these words, but we are finally starting to feel like we are getting a grasp on the way we want to do things around here. We have a pretty decent groove down within our family, but want to continue to grow various aspects. We are striving to keep the focus on our Biblical priorities: God first, spouse second, children third, mission work fourth, whatever fifth. It is not always easy to keep this priority, but that's why it's "striving". Anything worth doing takes effort. If you believe in God, you believe in Satan. Satan is always throwing distractions at us in various forms to keep us from our Biblical priorities. Sometimes we win, sometimes we lose. We pray that we improve as we strive.

Boring Car Stuff...

I was a driver for the whole morning yesterday. Mr. Chris and I went to the airport in two different vehicles to drop off a team that was here helping by painting one of our buildings. We left early because we got notice that with former president Clinton coming here there may be protests. There were lots of UN and Haitian police around (about double what is normal), but the airport wasn't as busy as I expected. It was busier on the roads way before the airport. They got there too late because they mixed up their schedule. We ended up driving back and Mr. Chris wanted to go in.

We got to the first security check and Mr. Chris was asking me to come in. I had all my belt tools and equipment on me and told him that I wouldn't be able to come in (I had 4 knives on me in various tools as I usually do). So I waited outside the airport. He called me two minutes later to grab two knives that he had on him. So I was full of knives. I was wearing fancy looking pants that Gerbin gave me last year and as I stood waiting, I was being looked at (scoped out) by UN, Haitian police, airport security, and lots of other people (I was one of less than 1% of white people around, so I stuck out like a zit on the nose of the airport on picture day). After being asked to move to a different location once, I found a spot (out of the sun) where I didn't make people nervous and could still see when Mr. Chris came out.

Mr. Chris got them settled in the airport for another flight later on after more than hour and we headed for home. We never saw Clinton (didn't really want to).

The rest of the afternoon I did various little boring things.

No comments: