Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Chompers, BCS

Mr. Neal, our plant-guy, got bit by Fifi the deranged (this is my opinion and not a medical diagnosis) monkey yesterday. It looks like it will heal and Mr. Neal will live. Fifi didn't mind the kids or even other people, but I KNEW that she didn't like me (must be the hair). She tried to show me her fangs which had been clipped a long time ago and that was good enough for me to know not to get near her - the hiss noise she made also added to my being convinced. She pulled a fast one on Mr. Neal and let him hold her, but when Mr. Neal (who after being at the Mission here for a few months now loves to be called Mr. Neal) went to put her down, she bit him. Mr. Neal tells a great story so if you ever meet him, you'll have to ask him about it to get the good details.

For me, past performance IS indicative of future results and I will not pet the monkey (I want my financial friends to know that I still know how to speak the FINRA talk - having your Series 7, 24, and 66 is like riding a bike - you never forget how).

BCS

The Montero's alternator is fixed now after it was taken to where they "repaired" (and painted) it the first time. Yesterday the Pathfinder went down and I'll find out this morning if it, too, works now.

The big dump truck came in after being out of town for a while and recently came back. I was told the brakes were not good. I knew there was a leak in the air line but it was minor (big trucks have air brakes and when the air leaks all out of the system the brakes are applied - it takes air to release them, so having a leak isn't a safety concern - the worse that will happen is that they will not be able to move and the leak wasn't near that bad). When looking around the truck, I noticed A LOT of loose bolts and parts. This truck is old and the frame is cracked in a few spots. It may be time to give this thing one major "once over."

No comments: