Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Language, BCS: Canter

Often people come up and ask for money for various things. Today, as he has a couple times, a guy came up to tell me again that his children are not going to school because he doesn't have any money. So what do I do, I try to continue to practice my Creole and I think I tell him that I will pray for him. It turns out the pray and pay sound very much alike in Creole and this morning he thought I said that I would pay for him. He came this afternoon to ask me if I paid for him. I worried that what he said was pay and not pray, so I asked another person and, sure enough, I said that I would pay for him instead of pray. I cleared up with him what I said and that was the end of it. I feel real bad for him going through the whole day thinking that I would pay for him - I messed up.

BCS: Canter

We got two sheets of 1/4 inch think metal to weld on the Canter. I made a template and had the metal guys cut it with a torch. After grinding it all smooth, I clamped it up to the truck's frame and quit there for the day.

Cutting:


Placement:


Do you think this screwdriver is magnetic? It was sitting on the bench and this is what it looked like when I got done grinding.

No comments: