Thursday, March 26, 2009

Post, Gifts, Misc, BCS: Tires

I posted a new blog post to the BHM website today regarding The Smile Train. Check it out here.

Gifts

We received some gifts yesterday. Our good friend Tina and her family sent us a bunch of good treats (Thank you, Tina and John and girls!). Also, Tina's (my wife's - not the "Tina" in the sentence before this if you are keeping track of the "Tina"s) parents sent us some goodies as well. We are living the high life on sugar now! hic!


Misc

Kids are good, wife is good, God is good!

I scheduled our dogs (our dog and her sister upstairs) for an appointment tomorrow to make them baby-free in the future. We need this because in about a week we are going away for the weekend as a staff. We are not sure what we are going to do with the dogs and if put them all together, we want the boy dog to stay a boy and not become a father - he's not ready yet.

I believe I submitted the last piece of paperwork in the process of being here in Haiti full-time and legally according to the government (not that I am illegal now). This may end up with me getting a driver's license as well.

We are going to dinner at Cullie's (the former mechanic of the mission) place this evening. It should be a good time as we have a lot of fun together verbally poking each other in the ribs!

There was also something else I wanted to say here, but I lost my train of thought, so pretend that I said something really funny and laugh out loud when I say, OK...ready...NOW!

Boring Car Stuff…

Mr. Storm, you'd be proud of me - I changed my first motorcycle tire today (rear) with the help of Cullie. When we put it back together, we had a puncture in the tube so we had to take it all apart again. IT IS NOT EASY to replace the tube or tire. I have the front apart, too, because the tube is bad and it needed a new tire. We didn’t have another tube so it is waiting for me to fix it. I can't wait to get this project out of my shop - it's been there for months!

No comments: