Thursday, March 12, 2009

Sign Language, BCS

Not too long ago we had stated that we were going to skip the sign language for Lou because he didn't try to say the words he knew in sign language...we may be switching this idea around and going back to sign language because his vocal dexterity (did I just make up a new term?) is not very good.

Boring Car Stuff...

I worked for about half the day on the truck that nobody wanted to drive. It has loose wheel bearings, but that was not the primary issue. I suspected the steering dampener, but after breaking my tool trying to get the ball joint loose and finally getting it loose later, I found that it was not the cause of the MAJOR front end shake above 20 MPH. The problem turned out to be a learning experience for me - the part that wasn't tuned correctly was the ball joint(s) that I installed. There is an adjustment on the outside that allows you to tighten the ball joints - they came new not tightened but just "together" (and quite loose), so I tightened them and all was good. The roads are not very straight up here on the mountain, but I managed to get up to 50 MPH without a problem. The guys at the gate were getting sick of me coming and going during all my test rides... oh well.

No comments: