Saturday, August 9, 2008

Shopping

Lou's potty training seems to be only beneficial to us in terms of number of diapers we use. It is saving us diapers, but he is not understanding enough to tell us when he has to go. I guess that is the deciding point in when he will be ready. So we'll try to continue to do #2 in the potty and leave #1 alone until he is ready.

This morning we are going shopping at a Sam's Club-like place and doing a little grocery shopping. We are leaving at 9 AM and expect to be back around 1-2 PM. Then I have a bunch of mechanic work to do until dinner.

Tina and the kids are doing great! We are still adjusting to a number of things and slowly struggling with how to handle them. We'll be fine, but could use your prayers as we work through these things.

My parents shipped the first package that I am aware of yesterday and we'll see how long it takes to get here. They seemed to find that FedEx was cheaper when sending 10+ lbs. boxes.

Boring car stuff...

I got a lot done yesterday. I got the master cylinder off the Canter in an attempt to solve the brake problem. I also took off the ball joints to replace some that had been fixed incorrectly. I will also be doing that on the Toyota Landcruiser and took them off yesterday. The Ranger that we took up north started making some driveline noise and I took a quick look at that yesterday as well. I will look at it closer Monday. Yesterday I also worked on a big dump truck. The back was not coming down. As I checked the hydrolic fluid, there was no cap on the resivoir. The sock-like filter on the inside had little rocks on the bottom. Apparently it's been that way for quite some time and no one told anybody. Now that may have messed up the hydrolic system. I'll be playing with that Monday. It's kinda cool to be in such a large vehicle! I also cleaned the carb of the motorcycle and it seemed to run a little better, but I didn't ride it much. I went down a big hill and then back up. On the way up near the top, the idle started to surge fast and slow so I still have a bit of work to do on it (Mr. Storm...any ideas?).

No comments: