Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Ken Will Be Away for Two Days

Tina made some awesome bread that we just got done eating. She's getting this cooking thing down! She is getting ramped up for homeschooling - preparing a plan of action. She MAY even post in the next couple of days because she says she has some things to say.

I will be leaving tomorrow morning around 5:30 - 6:00 AM to go up north and west. We're going to check out one of the Mission's places. It's going to be a long trip - 6-7 hours. We're just staying one night. The "we" is Kyrk (the missionary who has been here the longest (10 years) and whom we just met because they were away our first month here), the head Haitian carpenter, and a Haitian pastor. I have no idea where we will be staying nor what it will be like. I am just going. I'll bring my camera and will take as many pictures as possible. Tina will hold down the fort and I will be back Thursday afternoon.

Here is a picture of a cool spider I found. I thought others may enjoy it, too.


Boring car stuff...

Today was a good work day. I got lots of things done - mostly on the beat up Toyota Landcruiser with the cage that I posted a picture of a little while ago. It is so beat up that a couple thick pieces of metal that were welded at the factory to the frame were broke off. One of those pieces is for the front driver's side shock (which it doesn't have right now). I will have to fabricate a new mount. I will be trying my hand at welding soon and am very excited to start. The other piece is where the front swaybar mounts to. I had someone else weld that. I will be trying my hand at welding in the evening, so it doesn't look like I am trying to take anybody's job away.

I lost my flexible head 3/8 inch ratchet wrench yesterday. I was pretty sure I knew where it was, but it wasn't there when I looked. I told a couple people and they told me to get the word out. I did and a little while later a Haitian guy brought it to me. He took them because he thought that I forgot about it and he couldn't find me to give it to me. He hid it and then gave them to me today (the next time he saw me). It was so nice to get that back because I use that thing all the time!

No comments: