Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Family, Another Trip, Misc.

Tina was feeling pretty sick yesterday - headache, stomach problems, etc... but today she is much better. Carter did much better today than yesterday with his schoolwork.


I will probably be going on another trip up north (with the director this time) this weekend. Lord willing, we will be leaving Saturday AM and coming back Sunday PM half way and then Monday AM the rest of the way. This trip will be at least an hour longer than the last trip - it's the same direction but beyond the last destination. The director (who is a pastor) will be preaching on Sunday and he has some other things to check out while he is up there. We'll be taking the Ford Ranger which was occasionally making a goofy noise towards the end of our last trip. I checked it all out and didn't find anything wrong - hopefully it (and we) make it there and back!

It rained tonight and before the sun went down, the kids found some snails (high res):


We are thankful to have food (I am wondering why much of the food has been labeled for export, though...)


Boring Car Stuff...

I have been just working on regular vehicles. The two Pathfinders that we have are having issues their front autolocking hubs, so their 4x4 doesn't work. One is also having minor idle issues - it's too low. I have adjusted the idle speed, but it goes back to being too slow again. I went to fill up the Montero's power steering fluid because a guy was taking it out and someone had put water in the power steering fluid bottle without re-labeling it. I put about a quarter cup in before I realized it. I'll have to drain and replace the fluid next time it comes back (in about a week).

The generator oil pressure was real high this evening when I shut it off. It was at 120 when it should be around 60 to 80 at most. I'll have to look at it tomorrow.

No comments: