Saturday, August 16, 2008

Plan Update

I wanted to provide what I believe will be the last plan update that we will have until we find out that the adoption of Lou is complete.

Our intent is to travel to the States when the adoption is complete, so we can visit friends and family. When we find out that we are near the end, we will plan our travel dates. After we arrive, we will speak with our church mission leader about possibly supporting us here in Haiti. We hope to get Lou checked out by a pediatrician (one that specialized in Down Syndrome we hope) and take care of whatever his needs are. I would anticipate being in the States for a couple to few months, then it will be back to Haiti. All of these steps are Lord willing.

3 comments:

Gwen said...

Please tell Tina that Gwen will be in Haiti this week, arriving Tues, filing I600 at 11 AM on Wed and returning back to PA on Thurs. I would love to see her - our daughter is at GLA in Petionville!

Ken Schlorf said...

I will tell her Gwen! Can you please send her an email in case she doesn't have yours so you guys can get in touch? tschlorf@gmail.com

Ken

Anonymous said...

Hello from Seattle WA. I came to your blog via The Cornish Family Blog. My son too, has Down Syndrome. He also (used to) reflux. We just got the ok to take him off of his food thickener. I have a mighty surplus of the thickener if you are interested in it for your little boy. It really helped his reflux when it was at it's worse. My email is litergy@hotmail.com I will pay shipping. It is not medicine, so there should'nt be a problem with customs. Please let me know if it is something you could use, or if you have any questions about reflux. Oh, we also have a medical bed wedge I could ship. It keeps him upright while he sleeps so there isn't any reflux and burning at night. Take care and may God Bless You.
Shawnda Hicks
litergy@hotmail.com