Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Donations

We found out who our donors are today via email from the Mission office in Michigan. We sincerely appreciate everyone's donations and we'll be sending a communication to everyone who donated in July. Thank you all very much! It is such a great blessing!

Boring car stuff...

Since I didn't have the parts to install the rest of the front brakes, I worked on replacing the knuckle boot (like a CV boot) on the Canter. That was a lot of work taking off lots of big greasy parts. My own body parts are not used to all this work - I am used to a desk job. My muscles are tired, but my farmer's tan is awesome! I spent 80% of my time crawling around on the greasy concrete working on my reverse french manicure (which looks almost as good as my farmer's tan).


I got the boot replaced after about 5-6 hours of work and then worked on the brakes because the parts came in. After about 3 hours, I got all the brake parts installed. Bad news, the pedal still goes to the floor. I tried two different methods of bleeding the air from the brake system and still the pedal goes to the floor. I checked the vacuum in the tank for the booster and it was reading 23 inHG which should be enough. There is nothing else to replace that I can think of. I have no idea why it's not working. I need to sleep on it and hope for a miracle thought. If anyone has any ideas, please let me know.

Since I am frustrated with this thing, I think that I'll set aside a couple hours tomorrow to work on that four wheeler or the motorcycle.

No comments: