Friday, August 22, 2008

Going...

Unbeknownst to most, I have been having a difficult time deciding whether or not to go up north tomorrow. I was feeling like I was just there (80% of the way at least) and that going again wouldn't be as beneficial as staying here. One thing that I really wanted to do and that had the most weight regarding my decision was the possibility of helping the Livesay's move. The plan was to borrow one of our Mission's trucks and help them move to a new place in Haiti.

After talking with Pastor Rob this morning about going up North, I think that it would be best if I went with him up north. I really regret not being able to help the Livesay's move. Early in the week, I thought that I would be helping them yesterday, but their plans were not final until more recently and they included moving on Saturday (which really didn't work out, but as I stated, I wasn't sure I wanted to go up north).

All that to say, I am leaving early tomorrow to go up north. We will be bringing about 1300 lbs of rice to various schools along the way. We hope to be at our final destination by dark. Sunday morning, Pastor Rob will be preaching and when we are done, we'll start our way back. We hope to make it part way back by dark, stay over night at the Mission's camp/beach house, and make our way back Monday morning. So...I'll post an update Monday afternoon/evening.

Boring car stuff...

I adjusted the torsion bars on the Ranger this morning. They were nearly at the bottom of their adjustment range. After making the adjustments, the front end now sits 3-4 inches higher. It was like a free suspension lift kit! The last time we drove that truck up north, it bottomed out a number of times up front and the driver's side tire hit the inside of the wheel well, too. I don't think that's a possibility now. It should give us a better ride. It would be nice to have more suspension travel and 33 inch tires, but the 31 inchers should do just fine.

No comments: