Thursday, July 31, 2008

P3

Tina is having a bad day. When I came back for lunch, Tina told me that it has been a day full of the P3 (poop, pee, puke). Normally I like to take pictures to share what we are going through, but this time I'll trust that you can get the picture without a picture.

After lunch it got worse. She put him down for a nap and checked on him a little later and he had poo all over him, his blanket and on the mesh of the playpen. He was sleeping in it. She called to have me come and help. She thought that I was just playing with the four-wheeler because that's what Carter and I went to do. I was there for about 5 mins when someone wanted help with their car (boring car stuff later). So I worked as fast and best as I could to get back and help her clean up. Carter didn't get to work on the four-wheeler and nor did I. We cleaned up and now Lou is banned from anything with fabric (good thing we don't have carpet). He is sitting on the concrete with a disposable diaper. I know that sounds kinda crappy (pun intended), but that's the way it'll have to be for at least the day until we can catch up and get our fingers to smell of something better.

The kitten is doing well. Slept with Kayla and us last night, so we didn't get the greatest sleep. Hopefully tonight will be better and tomorrow will bring less P3.

Boring car stuff...

I bled the brakes on the Canter, but didn't have enough brake fluid to finish. The brake pedal still goes to the floor. The guy who goes to buy stuff just got back with the goods, so I have fluid waiting for me in the morning. That gave me time to de-Haitianize the Canter. There were parts tied with rope and wire that took very little time to find the right parts to hold it on correctly. The parking brake doesn't work on it, so I have been trouble shooting that. The brake is actually on the rear portion of the driveshaft and not near the wheels at all - I wasn't expecting that. I think that I'll have to take that portion of the axle off to figure out what is wrong. It looks like the cable isn't going back into the axle part so I am guessing that it is a bad spring or something similar.

During the poo incident, I was working on one of the lead doctor's car. He got a new battery and after he started it, I noticed that the alternator was wobbling. Another hack job was done putting that on using the wrong bolts and a half a belt. It was basically just resting there (probably why the old battery died) and was wearing a hole in the timing belt cover (it's a Hyundai Accent). A little longer and it could have destroyed the engine by breaking the timing belt.

I also continued to clean up one of the back rooms. It has parts laying all over that no one would use again because they are too busted up. I am playing the role of a trash man.

The four-wheeler may be a bit of work. The frame is a little rusty and has been welded in one spot at least. It will be fun to just mess around with it a bit. It's a USAID vehicle which means that once I fix it, they can do with it what they want - it's not the Mission's.

The Mitsubishi Montero (diesel) needs its belts tightened (tomorrow hopefully).

No comments: