Thursday, July 10, 2008

Lou, Mechanic, and Blessing

The Internet connection was down last night so I didn’t get to post a message. It is still down this morning.

Lou has been loosening up every day. We were just playing on the bed with all of us and he was having a good time. Here is a picture:


Yesterday I got to work early (a little too early because the electricity doesn’t turn on until 7:30 AM with Len turns the generators on). I started work by finishing up the two new Landcruisers. For some reason the signals lights (and hazards) do not work and I cannot figure it out. I have to test the relays next – I am out of ideas.

I also worked on a bunch of rattling front end parts to a Nissan Pathfinder that we have. We’ll have to find a number of parts for that thing, too. The bushings on the bottom of both shocks in front are completely shot – nothing left.

I did all that by 9 AM which was when our weekly devotional time started. We had 5 American and 5 Haitians in attendance. One of the head hospital Haitian guys brought up a topic that we talked about for the whole time until 10 AM. At 10 AM, we had another meeting with the youth counselors to go over the camp topics and agenda. The camp will be taking place in about two weeks. The topic (I may have mentioned it already) is regarding salvation and personal testimonies. This meeting went until after 1 PM. It was a long meeting and there was good conversation. We had one of the Haitians translating some of it for us.

After lunch, I got to work on a fairly new Honda 200XL motorcycle. I had to clean it up and replace the battery. Of course I had to test drive it around - among other things, I lubed the chain and had to adjust the idle speed. It was working really well – it’s going to be hard to see it go, but it will be going to a Haitian director who oversees a number of churches. It will do better in service on the field instead of for our own personal entertainment.

Tina and I were talking this morning after getting up at 4:30 AM and we agreed to something that we have both been feeling since a couple days after we got here. Every day goes by so very fast. Every day we are so very tired. Every day we wake up feeling so well refreshed. We are not stressed – simply busy. It’s been a week and a half and it only feels like a couple days. I personally can remember back to days at work where I would watch, almost literally, every minute go by. Things are so different for me now. I feel so very blessed!

Carter is improving – thank you for your prayers! He is being more thoughtful and respectful. We have all had quite a significant change the last few months.

1 comment:

Mary said...

Ken and Tina, I'm just catching up on your blog - wow, you're there!!

Lou's life just turned on a dime when you guys arrived, he is a beautiful and lucky child! (Though we both know that really, we are the lucky ones in the adoption deal.)

Good luck adjusting to Haitian life - I look forward to your postings.

Mary Pierznik

PS Richelor has been out of MOI for 3 weeks, we think that it'll be another 2-3 weeks or so before he's home.