Tuesday, July 29, 2008

The Day's Work

Boring car stuff here...

Ford Ranger - I replaced the front shocks because the lower bushing was bad. The passenger side blot holding the bottom on was bent. I put it in a vice and hit it with a big sledge and it worked great after that. I rotated the tires on the passenger side and have to do the driver's side after I get the radiator fixed. The part for the radiator comes in later today so I will fix it and rotate the tires tomorrow.

Mitsubishi IO - One quart low of oil (out of four). The battery was loose and the belts were loose.

International Steakbed - tried to find a way to have the headlight stay in the broken fiberglass hood. This was my second attempt at it and I have little confidence that it will work on these roads.

Nissan Pathfinder - drilled a hole in the lower driver's side quarter panel to mount it to the frame. The normal parts that would hold it on are broken. The cars made for America are not as tough and this one proves it.

There are some people here (about 14) staying overnight at the Mission. They are checking things out here for some people. They had two car issues. They locked their keys in their rental vehicle (Nissan Patrol) with it running. I helped them to unlock it. Their second vehicle (same model) had a dented rear plastic bumper. They wanted me to do what I could with it. I ended up taking it down to my shop and removing the bumper so I could pound it out from the inside. It ended up looking pretty good except for the scrapes on the outside plastic which I wouldn't be able to conceal.

Non-car stuff here...

I also took Kayla's bedroom door off because it was making a loud noise as it scraped the bottom on the concrete floor. I shaved the wood off with a chisel (found a termite town within) and put it back on. Now it doesn't make noise and it should wake anyone up.

Tina is working on planning for homeschooling. With Lou, she is trying to figure out when the poop chute is operating so she can put on a disposable diaper. She is going to start working on potty training. Lou seems perfectly capable so we'll see what happens. Kayla has been helping out quite a bit - cooking hard boiled eggs and doing various other things. Carter still needs help with seeing what needs to be done.

Not much too interesting happened today. I am looking forward to finding out who has donated financial support to us so we can thank them. I feel bad that there have been people who donated about a month ago and we don't know who it is.

Oh...one more thing. I hope that by the end of the week we'll have an account to which you can mail letters and whatever to us. You pay to get it to Florida and we pay to get it from Florida to here - by the pound, so please, no box of rocks or Olympic weight sets. I am looking forward to getting things like Tabletalk Magazine (which I think we have to renew) and misc. mail that we are familiar with.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ken, sounds like a lot of interesting ongoing projects. I liked the Cantor picture, be careful. Turbo vehilces must follow you. Take care.