Wednesday, July 30, 2008

A Good Day

I got a lot done today.

If you read yesterday's post, you may remember that there were some people here and I fixed their bumper. They stayed over night at the Mission and headed out to Cap Hatian early this morning. I happened to go to the shop early this morning at 7am and ran into them as they were leaving. I chatted quickly with them and then noticed that their tires looked low. I checked them all and they all had only about 25 psi in them. So I had them pull around and made sure that there was enough air in the tires. I talked with the leader of the group a bit and he asked me if I was fully funded. I told him that I was not and that we just started working here. I told him that we were working on raising funds and that we were going to be here as long as our own funds lasted (at least) and then figure out what the Lord wants us to do then. He asked me if I had a card and told him that I did not (I know Dad...I should have taken some of your cards). I wrote down our information for him and then he handed me a tip. I didn't look at it until after he left. He gave me a $100 bill! What a blessing from the Lord that is! I couldn't believe that he gave that much. I pray that the Lord blesses his generosity in return!

Boring car stuff...

I changed oil, oil filter and air filter in both the Ranger and a Mitsubishi Montero IO. I also replaced the driver's side rear drum brake cylinders in the Canter. It decided to downpour while I was working on it - it was really nice to be in a covered area! I have to bleed the brakes yet tomorrow morning and then it will be all done. I also tightened down the header-to-downpipe bolts. They were so loose it sounded like it didn't have a muffler and it was getting everything all black and sooty.


I had to move the motorcycles around a bit and so I obviously had to play a little. I drove up to the house and took the kids around a little bit. The ground was still wet and the small patches of concrete were slick. I did a couple burnouts to make sure it was working OK. And then I had to put it away... :-(

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ken, I like the boring car stuff in addition to the other stories and the photos. It looks and sounds like you guys are adjusting to your new surroundings. Take care, Troy