Friday, July 11, 2008

I ran into Dr. Bernard while troubleshooting the phone system with Len (Take a look - this is not easy to figure out and we didn't by the end of the day yesterday. Heath, if you are reading this blog...HELP!!! - haha!):


Anyway, Dr. Bernard gave me further information regarding a pediatrician to see here locally - or somewhat locally. So Lou will be going to the doctor officially soon:


Also, while we were troubleshooting the phone line at the hospital and climbing on roofs and scaling walls, I walked past a number of sick and injured people. One person that I walked by a couple times had his hand in a cut off antifreeze jug with some icky looking water. The last time that I walked by, he had his hand out and I saw why he came. He had a compound fracture of his wrist (bone sticking out) and it looked to be a couple days old. He didn't look comfortable. I have seen pictures, but being here and seeing this stuff in real life is a bit different. I feel more compassion being here. That's gotta hurt. I should have asked if I could take a picture, but I didn't think of it at the time.

No comments: