Monday, July 14, 2008

The Dirt

This is what I look like after work:



Tina is magical at getting my clothes clean. I wear them three days and then she washes them.

I replaced shocks on the Canter and, just like everything else, there is more to it than it appears. As I took the shocks off, the bushings were toast because there was no washer protecting them from getting cut up. After I found washers, I went to put them on and one stud was stripped and the nut was too. I had to rethread them and then I got it on. By the time I was done, the guy had to go and so I didn't get the fronts replaced. Who know what waits for me there.

I then fixed the front driver's side shock because the mount was half off and the shock was completely out of the mount. Someone half-way fixed it with wire. The wire was on there in such a way that it would have taken longer to get the wire set up than to find the right parts to do it right. It's done right now at least. Then I lubed the truck all up and had trouble getting grease in the grease gun and I got it all over - all over!

I started at 7am and by the time I was done with those things, it was 10am. I then started working on getting the speedometer/odometer and the parking brake to work in a Nissan Pathfinder.

During lunch I tried to search for a picture or information regarding the fuse locations in a 1999 Mitsubishi Montero. Any help would be appreciated - I need help finding it, so I can resolve an issue with a drain that we have on the battery. I need the diagram for the engine compartment fuses and the passenger compartment fuses.

From about 2pm until 4pm I worked on a 4-wheeler that had taken a tumble down the mountain. There were few good parts left. It went from square corners to round corners. The block was broke where it mounts to the frame and many other parts were toast. This vehicle is a USAID vehicle and there are two here. This one is gone, but the other is broke too. Between the two of them, I hope to have one in working condition in a little while.

I should get going now. I just wanted to get a quick post out.

1 comment:

mtlevercom said...

Hello Schlorfs!!
I just wanted to drop a note to let y'all know you are in my thoughts and prayers daily. I know it is a hard road ahead of you, but if anyone can do, you can. You have really inspired me. Please let me know if there is anything you need. I will be sending a donation once I am back full time from maternity leave. PS- Henry Lane Levercom was born on 6/22/08.

God Bless!!
Maureen