Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Prayers

We are at a point in this process and in our lives where we need prayer now more than we have ever needed it before. That is not to say that it could never get worse and we won't need more prayer later, but rather that we have not had to go through something like this so long and challenging in the past.

We have many things to be thankful for and are thankful for them all (those that we realize). Faith, family, friends, food, funds, clothing, shelter, etc...all of those things we are much more appreciative of because of this experience than we have ever been before.

This current trial is very wearing on me and my family. The children are doing well and appear to be more resilient (perhaps because they have the child-like faith and trust that we loose as we become adults who are more "in control" (so we think) than we were when we were younger). Tina is...OK and I am...OK. We often struggle to find the joy in our circumstances.

I am asking for your prayers - please hold us up in your prayers! Pray that the adoption gets finished. Pray that we can find the strength in our Lord to persevere to the end of this adoption process. Pray that we not fail in our faith and trust and not grow hard, weary hearts. Most of all, pray that the Lord's will be done through us in His timing, not ours, and that we are accepting of that timing.

6 comments:

Flush said...

You have our prayers. Hang in there!!!

Alison said...

Although I never comment we have been following your journey from the beginning. You are always in our thoughts and prayers.

Alison
(Tate's mommy)
RR adoption Dec.09'

Gwen said...

Keeping you and Tina in my prayers! You can do it!! Keep the Faith!!

dorrfamily said...

Ken and Tina,
This has been very trying and all I can say is keep going and let God lead the way. When my parents died, I was lost. Besides the wonderful support that I received from Shannon and dear friends like the two of you, I let God it all go to God. I am sorry you are away from your family but you will be together soon. Praying for you both. Love to all!
Kelly

June Berger said...

Praying for strength in these difficult times of waiting. Praying for safe/quick conclusion to the adoption paperwork.
Praying you will all be together shortly.

Anonymous said...

You have been in my prayers since before I knew you and I looked at that little boy on RR. I prayed he would find a family. He did. I continue praying that this adoption will be final soon.

(Isnt it frustrating when you say "Lord, I GOT IT" and the Lord keeps saying "Not quite".)

I hope (and Pray) you and your family can ALL be together with the rest of your family in MN very soon.

Jan