Monday, August 24, 2009

Adoption, BCS: In the Swing

No news on the adoption front. I spoke with the guy who knows someone in MOI and he said he'll give the person a call to see if they found anything out. I hope he can find something out from that person!

Boring Car Stuff...

Today, I was back in the swing of things around here. There are so many things broken that it's almost as if nothing was touched while I was gone. I am sure some things were done, but many were not. The guy who used to be the mechanic told me that he had been driving around doing things and not doing much mechanic work. So there were lots of job security-type items calling my name.

The big dump truck cracked its rear differential housing, the spring perch is too worn through, and the frame is cracked. The old Toyota seems to have a leak of the differential fluid at the hub and I was told that the transmission isn't shifting into 1 or 2. The Patrol had a flat tire. The Montero had a flat tire. The new Toyota pickup had a couple warning lights on the dash (I solved the only light I saw, but was told another is coming on once in a while). The Canter is down to 3 of 5 studs on the front passenger side front and the fuel tank has a crack and is leaking.

1 comment:

dorrfamily said...

Ken,
I am just throwing this idea out there but have you thought about contacting one of the MN Senators or some government official in MN to see if they can possibly help you out? It is just something that I have been thinking of and wanted to pass on. I just think that there has to be something more or someone else you can talk with to help get the ball rolling.
I am glad you had a safe trip back and I am sure it was a welcome sight to see Tina and the kids.
Blessings and love to you all.
Kelly