Friday, August 14, 2009

Interview

This blog post was supposed to go two days ago, but had some issues...

We checked out the location of the company where I had the interview on Tuesday morning. It was easy to get to and close to the hotel.

I went to building when I was scheduled at 11 and signed an agreement saying that they could do a background check on me. I was then told that the manager for the position was in the next building. I headed over there and she waited for me by the front door. We went to her office and chatted a bit. After about 15-20 minutes we headed to a restaurant to eat. We ate and talked about the company, the position and the people in the department. It was a fairly easy meeting so far.

After lunch we headed back to the office for a group-type interview. She directed me to a conference room and went to get the other five employees in the department so they could fire questions off at me and I at them. This was my first time in a scenario like that and it went pretty well. Around 1:15 we finished up. She told me that she had another person to interview tomorrow (Wednesday) and that she hopes to have an answer Thursday of NEXT week. That part surprised me. I was expecting an answer sooner, but I can wait.

This morning we took a look at a house that I will buy if I get the job. It is a very nice house and I would be please to prepare it for my family to arrive. If the Lord wills, it will happen. Otherwise, I’ll wait to see what He had in store next for the immediate future.

There are times I feel like a wondering nomad, but that’s what I am being called to do in this “moment” of my life. My biggest concern is for my wife and children at this point. I don’t want to ask them to do what they cannot. Tina is great and she has a great perspective. I have so much respect and honor for her, for her attitude , and for what she is doing. There is no better woman for me! I miss her dearly (I love you, Tina!).

3 comments:

June Berger said...

I had been checking for an update, glad to hear the interview process went well. Praying for God's will in your job search and home search. Yes, isn't it wonderful how when we listen to God He gives us the perfect spouse for us!? I'm sure Tina and the children miss you also. Have a great weekend with your family.

Anonymous said...

I can hear the stress in your words. Hope you hear positive news on job and adoption soon!

Jan

Anonymous said...

Hi Ken:

I hope the job situation works out well for you. What city was the company in? Just wondering. Take care.

Dave Herding