Thursday, August 20, 2009

No Job

I just found out that I did not get the job. They ended up giving the job to an internal candidate.

I am not sure why God brought me here other than to give me a break (I would have rather given Tina a break). Not my will, but His. I will be bringing a bunch of goodies back for my family.

I am looking forward to seeing them again. I am looking into flights and will be flying out of here as soon as feasible while getting the cheapest flights possible. Thank you for your prayers and support. This does make the decision process easier because I don't have anything to choose from (do I take the job or not and leave the family there alone).

OK - I have work to do now. I am done twiddling my thumbs.

5 comments:

dorrfamily said...

Ken,
I am very sorry that you didn't get the job. Everything will work out the way they are suppose to, not the way or even done the way we want them to but how God wants them to.
Let us know what your schedule is and if we don't get to see you, please give Tina and the kids lots of hugs from us.
Kelly

Ken Schlorf said...

Thank you Kelly! I am not sure that I am sorry - I am looking forward to seeing my family. I will be leaving Sat. so we'll have to hook up another time. I'll gladly hug my kids and wife for you after I get my hands on them.

Ken

Lena Just Lena said...

I've been praying for your family, and will continue to do so. I don't always take the time to post a comment, but I do read your blog.

The Lord's timing is perfect, and so, another job at the perfect time will emerge.

One thing that I have learned is that the Haitian adoption process is so unpredictable-only God knows how long it will take. I believe that families need to be together....If you find a job too soon, you may be apart for longer than you think.

Just my opinion-keep the faith. Enjoy your goodies with your family. And keep on praying and trusting God.

Lena

June Berger said...

I'm glad you will be with your family again soon. The Lord will provide what is best for you all. I'll continue to lift you all up in prayer.

Anonymous said...

Glad you are heading 'home'. Hope your adoption is final very soon and that your whole family will be with you the next time you come.

Jan