Saturday, August 1, 2009

Job

I had a phone interview with a broker/dealer on Wednesday and I am very interested in the position. The interview went well. Yesterday I received a call from their HR department and they would like me to come for a second interview.

I will be leaving next Friday and flying into Minneapolis. The interview will be in the middle of next week. I am excited to meet the people I may be working with and excited to find out more about the position. As far as traveling goes, I have to say that I have mixed feelings because I always imagined ALL of us going back to the States when the adoption was done, but this will be worth it to move on to the next stage in our lives. Tina and the kids will be fine here on their own - it is very safe on the mission. We hope it won't be for long!

I hope that we are near the end of the adoption and we'll be continuing to push it along and do whatever we can. God takes care of everything.

2 comments:

dorrfamily said...

Good luck Ken with your interview. Please let us know if you need anything-including someone to drive you around.
Kelly

Ken Schlorf said...

Thank you very much Kelly!

One of the things that I am looking forward to is driving (especially one of the FEW things that we didn't sell - our 42-gallon-toting Suburban). I haven't driven on the roads here in quite a while because I do not have my Haitian driver's license and it would be illegal to drive without it.

I hope that I can stop by and see you guys!