Friday, August 21, 2009

Going to My Family

I have scheduled the flight back to Haiti for Saturday. I will be leaving early in the morning. Thank you Greg, assuming you wake up in time to drive me to the airport! :-)

I sincerely thank all of the people that I have met with and have been kind by providing fun, food and friendship while I was here. My parents were incredible and very helpful as well as my sister, Becky, and her husband Ron! There are many other people that I wanted to meet with and I haven't yet - my time here has been a constant whirlwind. I hope that next time, my family will be with me and we'll all get to say "Hi" and get to thank you personally for your support - Lord willing!

Though the circumstances seem rough and I am not sure exactly what my purpose was from the Lord's perspective, I am happy to be headed back to be with my family and am not one bit disappointed that I didn't get the job. I was able to catch a bit of a break by being here and I will be able to bring some difficult or impossible items back to my family.

Now we'll wait out the remaining, unknown time for the adoption to complete as a family!

4 comments:

Debbie Woodward said...

Ken -

Maybe God knows that Haiti desperately needs mechanics. He DOES have perfect timing and I agree that this may have given you the break without such a long separation.

Tina and the kids will be soooo glad to see you and I'm sure it will be great to finally bring some things to Haiti without all the Customs hassles.

Have a safe trip. I'll be interested in hearing how Haiti looks to you next week.

Debbie Woodward

Chris said...

Hi Ken and Tina! I've just gotten caught up on your posts for the last few weeks - wow, hang in there, you are in my prayers.

June Berger said...

Praying for safe travels back to your loved ones, I know they can't wait to see you, and you them. Blessings.

Cindi Campbell said...

Praying for God's will concerning your work situation and adoption. Praise Him for his FAITHFULNESS.