Monday, August 3, 2009

Hard to Get Paper

Well...

I called the orphanage director this morning and she actually answered the phone. She told us last time we saw her (six weeks ago) that she had the last "hard to find paper" that she needed and that we would be out in three weeks.

She just told me now that she has the last "hard to find paper" (again) and that MOI only accepts papers on Thursdays and Fridays (about another week from today). She will deliver that "last hard to find paper" to them on Thursday or Friday and it will take one week from when she drops it off. We will be just over 8 months in MOI.

It was very difficult to talk to her. She likes to talk over me and not answer or recognize much of what I say. She wants to hang up from the first moment we start talking - she has no interest in talking.

I was caught off guard that she actually answered when I called. I wasn't ready with my speech, but it didn't matter because she didn't really provide an answer to much of what I said. I did get a question out: Can we help to get it done in any way? Of course her answer is NO.

It's really unfortunate for us that she is not accountable to anyone for anything. It would be much more helpful if we had a proactive agency (she doesn't answer our agency either) that would assist us in these matters or even an intermediary. It's almost as if we are doing an independent adoption when we are not. But we do have an intermediary, the only One needed. Our Father can do all things. Please help us by praying on our behalf.

1 comment:

Gwen said...

Ken - I know the agony of the Haiti adoption process. I am praying with you and Tina during this incredibly horrible waiting period.
What are we learning from all of this . .. positive and for God's glory?, not the negative ; )

Keeping the Faith, that God will show favor on you guys, that you will have good news to share by the end of the week!

We serve an AWESOME and sovereign God - He hears our prayers!! Rejoice in the Lord and again I say REJOICE!! His plan is BEST, even though we don't see it right now. It will all be revealed to us and we will have reason to give thanks and praise to our Heavenly Father.