Thursday, October 8, 2009

Skin Test: Positive, Our Attitude: Mostly Positive

It was positive just as we suspected based on reading the CDC website.

They took two front chest xrays and then I had to hold him for the side chest xray (xrays are good - I am hoping to grow a third arm to help with the mechanic work). Guess what...we have to go back there again - Monday.

While doing the xray, the guy doing the xray asked me if I knew anyone else who wanted a Haitian child. He said he had children of all ages to hook me or my friends up with. This is the second time this has happened to me - I suspect I am not the only person.

This guy looked at the xray and said it looked good, but I don't trust him at all. We'll wait for the official person to read the xray. Based on the way Lou acts all day long, I would guess that he doesn't have it, but... only the Lord knows right now.

Stay tuned until Monday... I'll try to come up with some commercial breaks. I might have some BCS later (Boring Car Stuff) in the week (i.e., tomorrow).

Please pray that we mentally make it through another weekend -they are tough for us.

3 comments:

Debbie Woodward said...

Ken and Tina -

Definitely thinking of you and praying for you.

Is it your understanding that you can have a positive reading due to an exposure to TB without ever having a full-blown active contagious outbreak? When we volunteered at Mother Teresa Sisters of Charity many of the children were being treated for TB.

I pray that the chest x-ray shows no active sign of TB and that you will be able to come back to Minnesota.

Peace to you. How about another bucket of ice cream?

Debbie Woodward

Shea said...

I was so hoping it would be negative. I am praying for you!!

Ken Schlorf said...

Debbie - I like the way you think - Ice Cream! Unfortunately when you buy ice cream here, it tastes like it has been frozen and thawed about 5-10 times - it's not really worth the $10/gallon. He could have a positive skin reaction and a negative xray. Thank you for your prayers!

Shea, we were too, but since yesterday morning we were thinking that it would be positive. It wasn't too much of a surprise. We didn't want it to be positive, but we did get prepared for that answer. Thank you for your prayers, too!