Monday, October 20, 2008

Today's Activities

Most vehicles have been gone the last few days (weeks) since the World Servants people have been here. They have all been out and about getting sand, block and shipping people around to the three houses that they are rebuilding for those who were most in need after the hurricanes. So today I got a chance to do the lesser things that have sitting around.

I fixed an angle grinder (this was a Haitian workers personal tool) - he was so happy that I fixed it that I heard him telling a number of other people that I fixed it for him. I don't think that I am that smart at these things - it's thanks to God that I know how to do some of these things and that I just happen to run across the problems when I take them apart. I enjoy being able to help people this way.

I am not always successful. Today someone brought their car into because they were in an accident and the driver's side door wouldn't open. I could get at the inside of the door to look at the mechanism and I couldn't pull the door open no matter how hard I tried. I didn't want to break anything and I didn't know who she was, so I just ended up telling her that I couldn't fix it.

Today, Tina went to learn a few things about administering the master class information because the people who normally manage this will be out in December during one of the classes. She is only helping out while they are gone and will be turning the responsibility back over. During this time today, Kayla helped out BIG TIME. She made lunch (ramen and mac & cheese), she got and folded the laundry, swept the kitchen, did her homework and a couple other things that I can't think of. She did this in the span of about 2.5 hours. It really helped Mom out a lot - which helps us all out.

2 comments:

June Berger said...

What a good girl she is! How proud you must be of her!

Ken Schlorf said...

We are very proud of her! She is a great blessing from the Lord!