Thursday, October 23, 2008

Praise: My Mom's OK, Amazing Blessing, Frog

I talked to my dad last night and my mom is doing good - thank you for your prayers. Now the recovery...

Amazing Blessing

The World Servant people from the Netherlands took off this morning at 6AM. There is one lady who has been sick for a little while was occasionally passing out and the home base in the Netherlands told her not to travel so she will be staying at the mission with her husband until they can resolve the issue. It seems a little ironic that she would be told to stay because most people leave Haiti when they get sick, not stay.

The "Amazing Blessing" came in last night when Gerbin, the leader of the World Servant group that just left, walked into the house and gave me two great pair of pants (which I really need) and his boots (which I really, REALLY need). Gerbin is about 6-8 inches taller than me but his boots fit perfectly - I have been wearing them all morning. I had been wondering what I was going to do for boots because mine are wearing faster than I expected. I have holes in them and was anticipating what I would have to do - wait until we visited the US again or try to find a pair here. When Kris came early this week, I was tempted to ask her to get boots, but they would have to fit very good for them to be any benefit. God certainly looked out for me in this need and the pants.

Last night we also had a get together for their final evening with us. They gave us a small bag of goodies (a couple shirts, paper, markers, and a bunch of other nice stuff). I will miss them all, especially Gerbin. He was a great member of the BHM team while he was here for two months. I hope he comes back long term!

Frog

We had a frog on our porch last night (high resolution):


Boring Car Stuff...

We took the cage off the caged Landcruiser yesterday - that thing must have weighed close to a half-ton which is not good for the truck, transmission, or engine. The transmission keeps popping out of 1st gear so I will be taking a look at that and possibly rebuilding the transmission soon. Yesterday, and continuing today, I have been building the cage on the new Landcrusier. I should be done, Lord willing, in a few days. This takes priority over fixing the other one since we will not be putting that cage back on any time soon. The new cage should be, at most, half of the weight of the other one.

2 comments:

June Berger said...

So happy to hear Mom is doing well. Praise God for his provision in our wants and needs! So glad the water pump situation is resolved. Blessings to you and your family. Praying for you all and for the lady who was unable to travel home d/t illness.

Ken Schlorf said...

Thank you June! God is to be praised for taking care of my Mom, the water, and for sending the lady (Reik) to another country for better help and perhaps to head home soon. Thank you so much for your prayers!