Monday, October 27, 2008

Paster Rob is Back, New Cage Wrecked, The Week

At our usual Sunday evening gathering for praise, worship, and Bible study, Pastor Rob lead the evening. He got back safe Saturday night. He told of a couple stories during the trip where the Lord was obviously there watching over them. I mentioned the ride on the mule and horse, but there was another where if a little boy wasn't walking down the middle of the road and he told them the road was out, they would have wound up going a long way and having to turn back. Turning back would have meant not knowing where to go if this little boy didn't show them the way down narrow side "roads." When they got to where they knew the rest of the way, the little boy jump out happy and a little richer because they paid him for his help and time.

New Cage Wrecked

Saturday Morning I went to work in the shop with Carter - doing whatever he wanted to do. That never works so well. I ended up spending about 2-3 hours helping everyone get ready for the day (I should know better by now). After that, I worked a little with Carter. The kicker that morning was taking a look at the new blue Isuzu truck - it had a load of heavy metal roofing material and wood on the top of the rack. The bumps were too much for it and it collapsed. The broken/bent pieces are circled in yellow.


I was not really done with it - I had plans to put support in the middle because the span was long. But after the people from the Netherlands were here and using the truck, we just kept using it. Now I will have to figure out what is usable and what will have to be re-done. At least we didn't waste any paint on it yet.

Boring car stuff...

I have plenty of things to do this week, as usual. I will be taking the differential apart on the Canter to see if we can just buy the parts that are broke vs. buying a used one. We have two differentials that have the same problem, so I'll probably take them both apart and we may decide to fix them both and hang on to one as a back-up or sell it. We'll see what happens.

I would like to finish up the cage on the new Landcruiser this week as well as fix the cage on the new blue one. I have to replace both front shocks on the old formerly-caged Landcruiser and replace the shock and the shock mount on the big stakebed (a big job).

1 comment:

June Berger said...

Sorry to see the cage got damaged. Ugh!