Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Tarantula, Shirt, Differential

I started out the day cutting and measuring for the cage for the new blue truck and Kyrk called me up near his office after about 30 minutes. He called me to show me this:




So I called the kids to bring a bug catcher. They were surprised to see it. I brought it home for mom to see, but she wasn't so happy. She wasn't as pleased as she looked (if you think she looked pleased). We are hanging on to it until we catch a lizard to feed it.


Shirt

The doctor decided to get me a gift for helping him by replacing the clutch in his car. It's a very nice shirt (and I need clothes)!


Boring car stuff...

The Canter was leaking from the rear differential, the transfer case, and the front differential. I stopped working on the cage for the new truck and worked all day (on the concrete again) on the Canter. I have most of it done, but there are more parts that are broken besides seals (I always find more than I planned to fix). Here is a shot of the rear differential removed (it was really heavy). I had to replace the seal of the output shaft and make a new gasket with RTV - both were leaking.


The parts for the stakebed came in today, too, so I will be working on that probably first tomorrow, then the Canter, then the cage. There is no shortage of things to do here! One or more of these trucks will be used to pick up 27 people who are coming from the Netherlands/Holland. They are with World Servants and will be helping to rebuild here after the hurricanes.

No comments: