Monday, October 13, 2008

End of the Illness

Kayla and Lou are completely over the illness and the rest of the humans didn't get it. The night before last, the dog got so sick we didn't think she was going to make it. She was vomiting and had the squirts (all over the floor). We didn't get much sleep the night before last. We didn't get much sleep last night either because she spent all of yesterday sleeping and is obviously feeling much better now - she wouldn't leave us alone. We are operating on little sleep.

Things are very busy here because there are about 50 people from the Netherlands here. It doesn't affect me a whole lot except for to help getting the vehicles ready and helping for those who are helping the Netherlanders and cannot do their regular tasks.

I am pretty much just a mechanic and like it that way. There are things that I want to work on with my family and feel like I don't get enough time to do them as it is without having more responsibility at this time. I still have to work on a newsletter that I wanted to send out - it is about 50% finished. I think that it'll end up being a Christmas newsletter that we send out to friends and family.

Pastor Rob, the mission director, and his wife Patti just got back on Friday after being gone for a number of weeks. They are getting settled back in here.

I am still (not so patiently) waiting for customs to be finished using the things that have been sent to me so I can use them. I am thinking that there should be something that we can do - somebody has to be able to do something to get the boxes out. I ordered a pair of work pants - JUST PANTS - at the beginning of August that still are not here. I am beginning to see how and why people will bribe customs - they virtually drive you to it. Corruption is so corrupt.

No comments: