Saturday, October 18, 2008

Do Not Eat Packets

Please send us all of your Do Not Eat packets from your shoe purchases and whatever else you buy. The mold that grows around here does not sleep. We have mold on our backpacks, mold in our drawers and closets, mold on Carter and Lou's dresser on the outside, mold on things that hang on the wall (like our hats and curtains), our luggage has mold, I think that mold grows under our feet as we walk across the floor. We just cleaned today and it feels like we can never get it clean.

As I type this I started to think about all the people here with mud floors and corrugated metal roofs. Why am I complaining? We haven't had any related obvious health affects of the mold, so it sure could be worse than what we have experienced.

Dog

We are having a BLAST training our dog. We're spreading around our main living area and calling her name. She gets a treat when she comes to us and sits. The best part of all of this training is the cat. She takes advantage of the dog being distracted by the treats and makes kamikaze attacks as she runs back and forth. Last night was the best one yet, she literally plowed her over onto her side. I don't think that I have laughed that hard in a long time. These animals are proving to be an extremely good mental break from the activities of the days. I wish I could post a video. Someday I'll get a short video on the blog.

Boring car stuff...

Today, I was planning to not work much unless something major came up. Guess what...something major came up. The cantor wouldn't start. So I swapped out one of the two batteries (it's a 24 volt system) because the terminal was loose on it. That didn't work. So I checked the other battery. Neither one of them held a very good charge so I swapped the stakebed's batteries out (another 24 volt system). The canter still did not start. So we checked the starter and it appeared that it wasn't working. We tried to push start it, but the ground in all directions was too flat. So we used the dump truck to pull start it. I was driving the dump truck and didn't even notice that it was pulling the canter because it's got so much grunt. The canter jump started, thankfully. The cage that is on the back of the canter prevents the cab from tilting forward to have good access to the engine. If the engine isn't running, the bed doesn't tilt to tilt the cab. I am thinking about modifying the cage so we can tilt the cab... This took most of the morning then I helped Tina clean the house. And that's where I sit now. Time to eat lunch.

No comments: