Tuesday, October 7, 2008

The One Package That Did, Lou, Reminder of Risk, Temperature

Just about every night, I am starting to fall asleep before I hit the pillow. I don't want to imply that I am better or different than anyone else. I am simply working as hard as I can and have nothing left at the end of the day. The mechanic work is so different from my past desk job - and I love it! I am sore and tired, but God's graces are upon me. In spite of being sore in the morning, by the time I get involved in my work I am no longer sore. When I get home, I am sore. As I sleep and wake, I am sore. But when I am working, I can no longer feel it.

Regardless of how tired I am, Tina and I have been waking up at around 4 to 4:30 AM to read and pray together. This morning, I woke up somewhere around 3 AM and started to feel like a real sinner. I am getting too caught up in the fact that our packages haven't arrived - I am not trusting that God will provide what I need and that my wants should not determine my mood. I failed to express my appreciation for the one package that did come:

Grandma and Grandpa Schilling - I am sorry that I did not express my appreciation for the package that you sent that arrived yesterday. I am listening to the music that you sent right now and am looking forward to wearing the shirt that you sent. Carter loves his hat and I think he wore it to bed. Kayla has already started to write in the journal that you sent and Tina already made and drank some of the coffee that you sent. Blessings like these keep our spirits up!

Lou

Lou is feeling better this morning - no temperature. Thank you for your prayers!

Reminder of Risk

This post reminded me of one of the books that I read that encouraged me to take a risk and come here. God was with us every step of the way (and still is).

Temperature for last week

78.0 - Max Temp
65.6 - Min Temp
90 - Max Humidity
65 - Min Humidity

No comments: