Monday, October 6, 2008

More Insects, Not Enough Boxes, Tiring Day

We found a Christian bug on our ledge this evening (that's Mr. Chris's joke from upstairs). It's a praying mantis (I know it's preying mantis, but I am going to carry the joke too far just like a true Schlorf would).


This other picture is of a moth that was about 8 inches in width/wingspan. These next two are high resolution.



Not Enough Boxes

Our driver went to customs today and only picked up one box for us. Three weeks ago, we were told that we had 2-3 boxes out of customs, but customs lost them and were trying to find them. I am pretty upset that we only got one box and I am trying to get over it. A couple boxes have been in customs for over two months.

Tiring Day

We got up at 4AM because of the dog and Lou being sick. His temperature was up, but not as bad. He is still sick but seems to be getting better slowly. He was tossing cookies a little this afternoon, yet kept his supper down. Everyone else seems to be doing well.

I worked hard all day and almost finished welding the cage on the new truck. We put it on to drive about 5-10 miles away to drop off a big ladder and pick people up (the Dutch). Kyrk had me drive (I love to drive!). I am the first person to take it out - not including the initial trip to the mission. It will be going out again tomorrow and I hope I get to drive again, but I don't think that it will be me driving.

I have more things to say, but I need sleepy and need sleepy now.

No comments: