Thursday, October 30, 2008

Angry

OK. Not only does it take more than three months to get packages, but those that do come will have things taken out of them. Tina's parents sent three packages to us and they took a couple things out of them. Out of 6 packages that we have gotten, two have had things stolen out of them. My parents sent a box and I think that they missed some of the items because they were wrapped in junk rags for the shop.

Do not send anything to us! We're fine - we have everything that we need. We don't want to give the folks at customs any more. Speaking of which, our driver came back today with a list of drugs that the guy at customs needs because of his recent accident - he wants me to pay for them or give him money or something. That is one bribe that is so far from happening it's not even imaginable.

I shouldn't write any more when I am angry and frustrated.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ken: That is too bad to hear of the corrupt system over there. Do you want me to come over there and do some "convincing" with my mafia connections? Of course it would all be done in Christian love ;-)

Dave

Ken Schlorf said...

I have all sorts of non-Christian thoughts go through my mind. Customs is just so bad. And this is only material goods. Tina and I were talking last night how it could be worse and affect peoples' life and health (which I am sure that it does). Thanks for offering to help - I really apprecaite it!