Saturday, October 25, 2008

Reik, Rob, Cage, Canter

The lady who was sick (her name is Reik) and her husband took off yesterday for the Dominican Republic (DR). They took a plane whereas the others took a bus. Apparently she is going to the DR for more tests and then hopefully heading home if all is OK. She could continue to use your prayers.

Pastor Rob is planning to come home today after being gone since Monday morning. Patti said that he was walking to one of the schools/churches that you cannot use a vehicle to get to and his knee started to really bother him. Just about that time a donkey and a horse came by and so they borrowed them for the rest of the trip (which I think was 6-8 hours after already walking 2).

Boring car stuff...

I have spent most of the last two days working on the cage for the new Landcruiser pickup. Most of that time has been spent kneeling on the concrete. Yesterday I did a lot of drilling and riveting. I'll be posting pictures when it is complete. I am pretty sore and tired and don't plan to do much work today - I plan to spend time with Carter in the shop doing what he wants to do (after I clean up the place because I have been neglecting it).

The canter was dragged home two days ago. It appeared that it was the transmission or the rear differential that I recently sealed up. I looked at it and found out that it was the rear differential and took it out. Sure enough it ran dry and messed up the ring and pinion gears as well as the pinion bearing. It's cheaper to buy a whole new differential so we sent someone for it yesterday. I hope to have it fixed Monday.

People have been dropping a whole bunch of stuff off for me to fix. I have a battery charger to repair, a cooking stove, and a couple other things. They get last priority usually because the Mission stuff comes first. I am not sure when I will get to some of those things. Anyone interested in coming to help out for a month or so?

No comments: