Friday, July 24, 2009

USCIS, Package, Flower

The USCIS thankfully replied to my email. They asked us to forward them a copy of the results if we have them (WOW!!). They cannot locate the package that they accepted with the results of the DNA testing. I fired off an email to the lab in the US to see if they can get the results to me so I can forward it to the USCIS. I don't know what to say. My mouth is hanging open in amazement. I wonder how long they would have waited to ask for the DNA test results. I can't believe (yes I can) that they lost the package.

Package

My parents mailed a pacakage on Saturday (THANK YOU MOM AND DAD!) and we got it today - that has got to be record timing. We are still waiting for homeschooling boxes (there are only books inside) to come out of customs here in Haiti - they have been there since May... One great thing that my parents sent is a new nail scrub brush for my hands. Do you think that my old one is done?


Flower

It turns out that the second picture from this blog post was not of a fruit, but rather a flower. Here it is next to Kayla as a flower:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can the lab forward the results via email directly to USCIS? (to avoid any accusations of tampering, etc)

When one group in USCIS lost our finger print results from the other group in USCIS, we could only request another result be sent to the 'party of the 2nd part' via the 'party of the 1st part'. It was desperately needed so they could send it to the party of the 3rd part. No one seemed to be in an uproar/hurry about this but me.

Good luck. Maybe the lab will take pity on you and resend the results to you and USCIS would accept an unopened FedEx pkg from you w/results inside.

You are almost there. YOu really are. Keep hounding them. This is not personal with them. It's only a job. You have to make it personal. (of course, without making them angry)

He's a wonderful little boy who in reality may not have survived this long ordeal had you not been there for him. You'll be through this phase soon(relatively speaking of course)

Jan

Anonymous said...

ok. Just reread this post. (what else do I have to do at 3am) Glad they will take the copy if you have it! YOu are moving in the right direction.

Jan