Friday, July 17, 2009

Consistant Inconsistancy

Welcome to Haiti! Have I said that before?

This week has come and gone (all but a few hours of the work-week) and we have no information about getting out of MOI. Go figure... So many things have been said by people involved that lead you to believe they know what they are talking about and they tell you a date by which something should be finished - and that date comes and goes without any notice.

I sent another email to our orphanage director. As I told my parents, I just sent it so the orphanage director could ignore it again. I guess there is no Customer Service Department in adoptions. This adoption seems so nearly impossible. If it happens, it will be a miracle. I am real curious to see what the reason is that God has for this long adoption process.

We wait (once again) without ANY date to look forward to.

3 comments:

Gwen said...

Ken, I hear your frustration loud and clear and it is totally understandable!! We're right there with you . . . we'll just keep praying and keeping the faith that one day our children will be legally ours!!
Be thankful you at least get to spend this time with Louie, while you wait!!! : )
When the Lord "wills" - this is when it will happen! I'm right there thinking and wondering what the reason is that God has all these Haitian adoptions taking sooooo VERY long.
PRAYING!!!

Anonymous said...

Alright, let's start a poll. When will your family be out of MOI? I say, "Aug 3rd". (Hey, I know as much as those authority figures do)

Sorry your camera is bonkers. Hope you can fix it or limp along until you can personally pick out the one you want.

Jan

Anonymous said...

Hang in there! I'm frustrated so I can only imagine how you and Tina must feel.

God's strength and endurance!