Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Trip to the Beach

Yesterday, Carter, Kayla and I left for the beach house. My main goal was to replace all the wires in the "control box" of the generator-end that go around to various pieces. Some or most of them were cut or disintegrated. I got that done and Lenny, who left the night before, was there making sure all the electrical components were working correctly.

IT WAS HOT!!! I also brought the chainsaw to cut some trees that had fallen a couple days ago. They had some strong winds and the weak trees fell. I did a little cutting and then did the wiring. Sweat was pouring down my face so I took a 5 min cool-down in the ocean and then came back to finish the wiring.

I spent another 5-10 mins in the ocean and finished up the sawing.

The trip to the beach house was rough because we took the old pickup. Carter was crammed next to me and Kayla was on my lap for over two hours of rough riding (Haitian-style). We had filled the back of the truck up to bring food for the camp that Chris and Kelli are putting on the next two weeks for the youth of Haiti. On the way back, I rode in the bed of the truck which was now empty.

I am tired still and this post jumps around a bit - sorry. I have no pictures - too busy working I guess. I have get some car work done before the rest of the folks here leave for camp. The cars are in constant need of repair - all of them!

No comments: