Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Tremor, BCS: Canter

The good memories of a relaxing weekend are still with me. It was a very nice trip where the majority of the time was not spent thinking about mission-type work or mission related things. For Tina and me, we still contemplate NUMEROUS things that we see, hear, or think about, not just the things that go on in Haiti, but in world missions, too. Thinks like what does the Bible tell us regarding how missions should be done and in what order as well as the typical everyday things of people asking for money. Our learning curve is not so much a curve as it is a straight line up still. We continue to ask many questions of the missionaries here at the Baptist Haiti Mission and, perhaps, make some meetings much longer. We hope and pray that God's overall purpose is served by asking the questions that help to examine what is being done here at the mission as well as pray that His purpose is being served by us growing in the knowledge of the Great Commission: to go and make disciples of all nations... Matthew 28:19

Tremors

I recall a movie called Tremors that I had watched when I was younger (to waste time, no doubt) - it's a strange one and I wouldn't recommend it above doing all the other things that you may want/need to do. I saw this dead centipede yesterday and thought I would share it with you (if you saw the movie, this would be a baby). It was about 10-12 inches long and about 1 inch thick (not including the legs). It was the biggest one I have ever seen in my life - watch out!


Boring Car Stuff... Canter

The back half of the frame of the Canter was painted by our painter - first with the deadly red-oxide paint and then with the oil-based, gloss black paint. I had to drill a couple more holes in the new support plate so I could put the gas tank back on and then I finished everything else up. I drove it under the dump bed and then Mr. Kyrk and I started putting the dump bed on. We got about half way and then I drove it under the garage area to finish up today, Lord willing. Once it's done, we'll be sending it down to get the windshield put in and then it will be all finished. I am looking forward to, hopefully, seeing it provide many more months of service (I won't say years because there isn't much that lasts for "years" on these roads). I'll get a picture of it all completely when I complete it - it shouldn't look any different than before if everything goes well.

No comments: